WHY SHOULD YOU CLEAN YOUR ROOF?
- Organisms that stain your roof like algae, moss and lichen that can damage your roof surface.
- Roof algae, lichen and moss can penetrate your roof and attack the timber framing causing rot.
- A dirty roof does not reflect sunlight in the way a clean roof does. Your dirty roof can cause your ceiling cavity or attic to get extremely hot in summer.
- Cleaning your roof annually can prolong the life of the surface coating giving you a cost-saving alternative to re-roofing years sooner than needed.
- Cleaning your roof reduces the risk of animal and insect invasion. Rotting wood attracts a variety of insects. They attack weak spots in your timber and make their home. Birds then eat the insects and soil your roof.
EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR ROOF
By regularly keeping your roof clean and free of Moss, Mould & Lichen build up, you are extending the life of your roof.
ROOF CLEANING PROGRAM
To keep your roof looking as good as the day it was built, it is a good idea to have an annual maintenance program in place to avoid moss, mould and lichen build up. Not only will it keep your roof looking new but helps to decrease the moisture in your home or work place.
We can talk to you about preventative cures and damage control options for your roof.
Regular roof cleaning is important: it prevents contaminants such as moss, lichen and fungi from taking hold of your roof. By looking after your roof, you’re protecting the investment you’ve made in your home.
TYPES OF ROOF TREATMENTS
This is a process which involves using a bio-degradable detergent followed by water blasting with moderate pressure. This service is perfect for routine cleaning every 6-12 months.
Similar to the Soft Wash but using much stronger chemicals designed to remove almost anything that years of neglect can produce. This service is suited to properties requiring that little extra elbow grease.
This is when we really turn up the power! Great for pre-paint preparation to remove loose and flaking paint as well as any moss and lichen build up.